As I was browsing good old www.selfridges.com , I saw that Bobbi Brown had launched their winter collection. The stand out for me was the highlighter. For one , it’s not in powder form like the other highlighters we’re used to by Bobbi Brown and second of all, the ingredients in this liquid highlighter are.off.the.charts. When was the last time you saw a highlighter include skin beneficial ingredients besides Glycerin ? Sure, Becca cosmetics does amazing highlighters and I finished the shimmering skin perfector (liquid version) in moonstone not too long ago but the ingredient list is not nearly as impressive as its Bobbi Brown limited edition counterpart.
It includes :
- Lysine : An amino acid that aids in the production of collagen & elastin = amazing skin !
- Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate – a form of Vitamin C : assists in collagen production, a powerful antioxidant, helps clear up any brown spots or blemishes , protects against further skin damage.
- Lecithin : another amino acid that is used in skincare as an emulsifier, preservative and moisturizer
- Panthenol ( vitamin B5 ) : works as a hydrating ingredient on skin, deeply moisturizer and is a powerful anti-inflammatory. Beneficial ingredient to be used with acne skincare.
- Jojoba Seed Oil : A lightweight oil that has anti-inflammatory & antibacterial properties , moisturizes skin and is easily absorbed by skin.
- Apricot Kernel Oil : moisturizes but is also a great source of vitamin A & E , which makes it a beautifully nourishing antioxidant.
- Macadamia Seed Oil : great source of fatty acids , acts as an anti-aging ingredients , helps repair skin’s barrier function
Did I exaggerate ? I think not, right? Those are some great ingredients to be applied on one’s skin.
So how does it perform as an actual highlighter ? It’s pretty similar to Becca’s version except that this one is perhaps a little bit more pigmented . Like a blend of the liquid shimmering skin perfector and the poured shimmering skin perfector by Becca. I’ve also noticed that when swatched there was some more obvious glitter rather than fine shimmer… It’s not very visible though on pictures or video. See for yourself below.
It blends easily and I found it to be great to mix in with both foundation or a tinted moisturiser . When applied directly on skin it blends easily and leaves a beautiful dewy glow whilst leaving skin nourished & moisturised. This Liquid Highlighter comes in 3 colours ; Pink , Seashell ( close to moonstone but perhaps a bit more of a golden tone ) and sunlight bronze .
The one big downside is the size. It comes in a small little bottle of 12.5 ml for £26 / $35 . I think the Becca retails for £33 at space NK or $41 at Sephora for a bottle of 50 ml. That is a big downside if you ask me unless you buy it for the ingredients. Though in all honestly, you might as well buy a great serum and then a highlighter of choice of decent size and you’ll still be golden with some extra $$ in your wallet. Yes? Yes.
Bottom line : I’m going to use this up and enjoy using it knowing that it has great ingredients. However, this won’t be a repurchase. I’ll look into her skincare though.
How about you? What Face highlighter are you using ?
Happy Sunday ! xx