About 2 years ago, I read an article about yerba maté and its benefits. After I researched it some more, I was determined to give it a try. After a few days I ordered a few of the unflavoured packets. The taste is what put me off at first, it’s smokey and can be very bitter if you let it steep for too long (which I did) . So, after my first cup, I put the maté aside and went on with my day. A few hours later, I had this peculiar urge to do something active. I don’t typically get those urges on a relaxing day, I just don’t. Anyway, I ignored the urge but still did some serious brain work – I researched something I’d been putting off for weeks.
The next morning , I felt as my usual slow morning persona and skipped the maté because of its taste and grabbed a cup of coffee instead. Fast forward a few months, I received another newsletter from some health magazine touting the benefits of this tea. This time, I was going to try a flavoured variety and guess what ? It wasn’t bad, not bad at all.
- Rich source of antioxidants – 90 % more than your typical cup of green tea.( which is also amazing for skin,hair,etc )
- Enhances ability to focus – loaded with vitamins, minerals, amino acids & polphenols.
- Could help control weight – Makes you feel fuller for longer
- Aids in digestion – helps keep colon effective
- Reduces bad breath – contributes to reduction of bad bacteria in the stomach
Bottom Line : you’ll feel good, you’ll look good.
I usually use a flavoured variety or I mix the unflavoured variety with a herbal infusion like mint,orange peel or lemon .
Happy Sunday !