Argan oil is a rare oil made from Argan nuts that grow on Argan trees . The reason why it’s so rare is because it doesn’t grow just anywhere, you’ll find it in some regions in Morocco and scarcely in Israel & Algeria. Because it’s so rare and effective, the world of celebrities & beauty gurus call it the golden liquid. Exaggerated? I wouldn’t say so ! This oil benefits both health & beauty, in the most natural way. Below are some of it’s main benefits for both health & beauty .
20 Benefits of Argan oil
10 Beauty benefits
1. Strengthens nails
2. Cures damaged hair
3. Strengthens & moisturizes hair
4. Treats Acne / skin inflammations
5. Prevents premature skin aging = No early wrinkles, no early crows feet
6. Helps in treating Dandruff
7. Helps fading of stretch marks & skin blemishes
8. Amazing when used as an overnight moisturizer
9. Treats & moisturizes rough & dry skin
10. Helps in keeping the elasticity of your skin = tighter skin – no early sagging
10 Health benefits
1. Helps to lower cholesterol
2. Helps to regulate the heart
3. Helps the digestion process
4. Helps in treating Rheumatic disease
5. Keeps your muscles young = prevents degeneration of muscles
6. Helps to treat Arthritis
7. Helps to treat Psoriasis
8. Supports brain function
9. Supports the immune system
10. Soothes irritated skin
For health purposes you can buy it in any health shop and use it as a dressing for your salads or crudités . You can also buy argan oil supplements & take them as directed on the label . For beauty purposes there are brands such as Josie Maran & Kahina that specialse in creating argan oil-based beauty products . Sephora & online beauty shops have several Argan Oil-based products too but they’re often adulterated or have a miniscule amount of argan oil in them. I personally buy argan oil from eitherJosie Maran or Neal Yard’s Remedies .
Have you had any experiences with argan oil – be it health or beauty?
A bientôt !