If I like to indulge in anything – food-wise – it’s chocolate. I can’t praise it enough but that is not the point of this post – so I’ll cut to the chase. In a quest to satisfy my sweet tooth , I decided to integrate this delicious ingredient in a smoothie. Thus, I did. This smoothie is full of antioxidants, magnesium, iron, chromium, anandamide, theobromine, manganese, zinc, copper, vitamin C, Omega-6 fatty acids, phenethylamine, tryptophan, phosphorus and calcium. It’s also a good way to refuel on good fats and protein.
To follow are both the recipe + the benefits of this No-Guilt smoothie. Try it, it’s delicious and has the added benefit of being good for you .
The Cocoa Smoothie : Benefits
- Helps regulate sleep patterns
- Helps support healthy bones
- Boosts energy-levels
- Improves liver-function
- Aids in keeping healthy blood pressure
- Promotes good digestion
- Healthy skin + hair + nails
- Supports brain function
The Cocoa Smoothie : Recipe
You’ll need :
- A blender / Smoothie maker
- 1 or 2 tbs of Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 blueberries / strawberries
- 2 bananas
- Almond milk or any non-dairy milk.
- 1/2 cherries / grapes
- 1/2 cup of Chia/Flax seeds
- 1 tbs of Any raw,unpasteurized honey – for added sweetness
- Chop the bananas & cut the strawberries
- Pit the cherries ( if used )
- Add the blueberries or grapes
- Add 2-3 cups of almond milk & start blending till smooth
- Add the Cocoa Powder
- Add the Chia/Flax seeds
- Blend ’till smooth + Drink up
Hope you enjoy it ( let me know what you think ) and do let me know if you have any smoothie or cocoa indulgences you incorporate in your diet.
à bientôt !